Tuesday 20 April 2010

The earthquake in the beach


The last week of holidays, decided with some friends go to the beach. So, a friend offered his apartment in Maitencillo, completely free.

After four days, we were invited a “public party” in the beach. In the night, we decided to go the party, but we weren’t really sure. At half past three, I decided to go to bed. I walked quickly to the apartment, because I wanted to go to the bathroom. When I was in the bathroom, the earthquake began. My friends were quiet at first, but the power turned off and the panic began. The girls were crying, and left the apartment with direction to the hills. We ran to the hills, because we were afraid, because there was a tsunami warning. We stayed until the people came back to their houses.

We tried calling our parents who were in Santiago, but telephone’s lines weren’t working. At 6 am, we could communicate with our families. Then, in the afternoon, after sleep, we returned quickly to Santiago.

3 comments:

  1. Pepe!! Did you leave comments on your classmates' blogs?

    DID YOU????!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear Pepe Galarce, thanks for your post, I hope you find enjoyed yesterday (you looked very happy mmmm...). I am delighted that the earthquake is not affected your life or that of your family. See you at the university, new man. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're ok! because if you weren't, with whom I would fight every day? jaja =P

    kisses my friend (K)

    ReplyDelete